Saturday, November 22, 2008
My favorite scene was the first kiss and I think my favorite character (besides Edward of course) is Charlie. He was perfect and there's this one scene where he's getting ready to meet Edward for the first time (well, formally anyway) and he's cleaning a gun. He clicks it back together and tells Bella to go ahead and introduce him. That just cracks me up! Carlise caused some shuddering in a seat near me too! My favorite line was "you are my life now" -- gosh that tingled me all the way to my toes!!
You must go see this movie! I might even go see it again and you can bet I'm buying this DVD the day it's released. This one might even get more playtime than any of my HPs!! And that's saying something!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
My favorite color is green.
I was a cheerleader in high school.
My favorite holiday is Christmas.
4. My second favorite holiday is Halloween.
5. I love playing Sims on the computer.
6. I always wanted 6 kids.
7. I only have one child.
8. My first job was as a lifeguard at a KOA.
9. I hate to talk on the phone.
10. I’m the oldest child.
11. If I were a crayon, I would be a purple one (go to http://www.blogthings.com/ to find out what color you are)
12. I hate wearing shoes.
13. I like watching shows on TLC about physical differences.
14. I love going antiquing.
15. My favorite scent is roses followed very closely by cheapo musk perfume from the drug store.
16. I am a Harry Potter fanatic.
17. I hate, hate, hate whistling.
18. I love how coffee smells but I can’t stand the taste of it.
19. I met my husband at a bar.
20. I almost failed typing in high school.
21. My most wanted super hero ability is flying.
22. My favorite scripture is Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.
23. I love to read and would do it all day long if left to my own devices.
24. I’ve used the TV as a babysitter.
25. I’ve dressed my dog in a Halloween costume.
26. Growing up I wanted to be a famous singer.
27. I prefer silver over gold.
28. I’m addicted to Pogo.com games.
29. I tend to procrastinate.
30. I used to teach needlecrafts through a home party business.
31. I once sold magazines over the phone – yes, I was one of “those people” – I quit after one weekend.
32. I watch a DVD nearly every night.
33. I’m addicted to chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk.
34. I have an aunt with Alzheimer’s.
35. I could sleep for 10 hours straight if left alone in a dark and quiet room.
36. I used to drink 10-12 Mountain Dews a day – I quit cold turkey in April 1998.
37. I can barely draw stick people.
38. I must use hand lotion several times a day – preferably Breathe Romance from Bath and Body Works (even though they have discontinued it now…grrrr).
39. I’ve lived in over 20 different homes.
40. I’ve owned a Pinto Station Wagon…with wood grain siding even!
41. I passed my driving test on the first try.
42. I waitressed for over 14 years.
43. I’m extremely forgetful.
44. I long to live in the country.
45. I can eat pizza hot or cold for any meal.
46. I’m afraid of heights and snakes.
47. My favorite song (right now anyway) is Give Me Eyes by Brandon Heath.
48. My greatest prayer is that my husband will be cured of leukemia.
49. I’m a sucker for puppies.
50. I love all things Disney.
51. I had a Partridge Family lunch box in school.
52. I can’t remember my first kiss.
53. I detest using public restrooms.
54. I cry easily.
55. I love buttered popcorn Jelly Bellies.
56. I’m very impatient.
57. I love Panda Express Orange Chicken.
58. I’m really good at Yahtzee.
59. I hate green beans with a passion rarely reserved for vegetables.
60. I’m a spelling whiz.
61. I made all the curtains in my house.
62. I’m a recovering perfectionist.
63. I’m not a very contemporary decorator – more country casual I guess.
64. I wish I wouldn’t have decided to do this because it’s really hard to think of 100 things!!
65. I’ve worked for the same organization for over 18 years.
66. I’m a verbal driver but the other drivers don’t listen very well.
67. I take a multi-vitamin every day (and so should you!).
68. I can drive both a standard stick shift car.
69. I can also drive a column shift vehicle.
70. I dream in color.
71. I am a scrapbooker.
72. I love to sew.
73. I’m horrible about folding laundry and will let it sit on the guest bed for days (or weeks!).
74. I sang at BeeGee and Pepper’s wedding.
75. I got married in Las Vegas on Valentine’s Day.
76. I hate pantyhose.
77. I’ve personally changed the oil in my car at least once in my life.
78. I have over 25 pairs of shoes – please don’t tell CarGuy!!
79. It took me over 20 years to finish my college degree.
80. I collect porcelain thimbles.
81. I also collect welcome signs.
82. I haven’t personally mowed a lawn in more years than I can remember.
83. I’m a professional singer.
84. I love candles.
85. I haven’t used my WiiFit in weeks – I promise to rectify that situation soon!
86. I’ve never traveled anywhere outside of the US except to Mexico.
87. I hate cold weather.
88. I love summer rain storms.
89. I don’t like to swim in water when I can’t see what else is swimming with me, i.e., lakes, ocean, etc.
90. I have driven in excess of 100 mph on several occasions.
91. I have artificial nails.
92. I do color my hair – gasp..choke..shock!
93. I sunburn easily.
94. My purse weighs 12 pounds.
95. I’m easily distracted.
96. I’m bad about remembering to pick up my mail.
97. I hate cleaning the house!
98. I will have a new niece soon….did I mention that already?
99. I nearly always forget the punch lines to jokes.100. I LOVE MY BLOGGY FRIENDS!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
As usual I couldn’t leave this list alone so I’ve added some commentary.
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars – not willingly I must say!
3. Played in a band – and still do.
4. Visited Hawaii – 2 times now and I can’t wait to go back
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain – oh, please, they are to look at not climb!
9. Held a praying mantis – and I won’t!!!
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped – another thing I will not be doing!
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – does drawing stick people count?
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – I saw it from an airplane once
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked – not a good thing to do by the way!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – who me?!?!
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping -- oh, no, way to self conscious for that!
27. Run a Marathon – HAHAHAHA!!!!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run -- nope but I did break my PE teacher's hand with a bat trying to just simply hit the ball! Note to self -- don't let go of the bat mid swing.
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language – not very well though but I can surely find a bathroom in any Spanish speaking country if I need one. I can also tell people I love them in about 5 languages -- very useful skill I must say!
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing – this I have done but again not willingly!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – in a drive through but I’m still gonna count it!
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance – same day as I hitch hiked…see, I told you it’s not a good thing to do!
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason – but it was a from a creepy stalker like guy I worked with so it’s not as great as it sounds!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving – again, one of those things I will NEVER do!!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check – eeek!
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – I still have Googles, you squeezed his tummy and his eyes rolled around!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar – gross!
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades – and I had over 100 skeeter bites to prove it!
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible – still working on this one
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox – when I was 14..ugh!
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury – I’ve testified before a jury though
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
If you want to play along, let me know in my comments section so I can come check out your list!