Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My freakin' awesome trip!!

I should be sharing these kinds of pictures with you this week: (Do I have some awesome Photoshop skills or what?!?!?)
In case you can't tell that's me at an archeological dig in the Honduras,
cave tubing in Belize, peeking out at you from a Mayan Ruin in Mexico,
and lounging on a hammock on the beach in Cozumel

But, alas, cancer had another idea for us. I’m telling you though that as soon as CarGuy is better he will be making up this trip! I joke that I’m going to haul him to every Amish quilt shop and tea house between here and New York! But, really, he most assuredly will have to endure a few things that I’ve really wanted to do. I’m not above using guilt to get my way...let me assure you of that! So…in the future be prepared to hear about the wonderful weekend we spent at that adorable bed and breakfast in the Swiss Alps, the absolutely priceless time we had backpacking with Llamas in Tibet (do they have Llamas in Tibet?), our latest archeological find (and subsequent run from the authorities) in Egypt, how I nearly drowned while snorkeling off the coast of Belize (please, there’s no way I could do all these things without causing some sort of self injury or destruction along the way!), and our search for a summer home in Monaco. (hehehe…wait until I tell CarGuy about this stuff I’m planning – that’ll make him agree to the Amish field trip even faster and will also ensure that he will pretend to actually enjoy himself!!)

Ok…so back in the real world we are getting closer and closer to the hubster’s transplant and things are starting to get exciting! He has lots of procedures this week. We will be at the hospital and the cancer center nearly all day on Thursday and Friday. They will be testing all his bodily functions so they can tell him how absolutely healthy he is. They need to get baseline functioning on all his organs so if anything starts to act up during transplant, they will know if it’s being caused by some part of the treatment or was a pre-existing condition. I just know that once they tell him how perfect he is there will be no living with him! I’ll have to remind him that he’s not quite so perfect – that little bone marrow issue, you know? Oh, but wait, they are going to kill that off and put new in. Oh, man, he really is going to be hard to live with! ;-) Nothing like having medical evidence that you are a pristine example of God’s handiwork – ugh!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You're such a nut... I hope that everything goes smoothly this week and that you can live with Mr. Perfection :)

Aubrey said...

You had me laughing girlfriend!
Really though, I will be thinking of you both this week! My prayers are a comin'!

Julie said...

praying everything goes well!!! And that you get to take a vacation with your hubby soon!!!!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Ahhh...the trips were hilarious! Yes, awesome photoshop skills.

You both will be in my prayers...as you are everyday.

Lauren W said...

What fantastic adventures you two will have!
Y'all will definitely be having prayers sent your way. Don't you worry... I'm sure Mr. Perfect will be happy to go anywhere with you :)

Star Forbis said...

Thanks so much for visiting my Blog out in Arizona today. Come back anytime.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Just found you on BATW. Wishing CarGuy all of the best in his battle and recovery. I have a daughter who is a 5.5 year survivor. Praying for all the best.
Loved the Photo Shop!! A girl can always dream, and if she is going to dream, there is nothing wrong with dreamin big.

John Deere Mom said...

Wow! Sounds like a big week! Hope the tests go smoothly for you and the Hubster!

Nana said...

Visiting from BATW. Love your trip pictures. Hope everything goes well for you this week.