Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How NOT to use a car wash

You knew it was only a matter of time before I provided you with another life lesson. Today I will demonstrate the absolutely incorrect way to use a car wash.

First you run around like crazy picking up specialty magazines for your husband while he's in the hospital, drive around an unfamiliar area looking for a Wallyworld, fill your car with gas, and then go on the hunt for an automatic car wash. Oh, yea, could you do all of that in about an hour please?

Ok...so now that you have your assignment let me show you how not to do it. I had everything planned perfectly so that I used my time efficiently. No backtracking for this girl! My plans were going great until I got to the car wash part. I put my money in the cash thingy and pull in when the light turns green. I made sure the windows and the sunroof were completely closed and put the car in neutral when the red light came on. While the car wash is doing it's gyrations I decided it would be a good use of my time to reorganize the bags from Wallyworld so I didn't take anything unnecessary into the hospital. You have to multi-task in order to live my life lately! I pulled everything up into the passenger seat and moved my purse to the console. I soon noticed the car wash was louder than it was when I originally pulled in. I looked up just in time to notice that my purse had put the passenger window all the way down!! OMG!! Guess what? The harder you push the button does not correlate into the faster the window goes up. This is what I looked like a few seconds later:
Luckily I had towels in the trunk and I was able to get everything fairly dried off. CarGuy's magazines had an enjoyable ride back to the hospital on the heated seat and I cranked up the heater in the car to try and blowdry my hair. I ended up pulling the front part up with a clip which I'm sure was awfully attractive. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing a white shirt!! That's a look that most 40-something women just shouldn't take part in.

And that is how NOT to use a car wash!

3 comments:

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Oh my goodness....too funny!!! Did you get to organize the bags?

Anonymous said...

I knew that Denver was a dangerous place - but never thought your first run-in would be with a car wash!!! Now you know why I'm reluctant to come visit you.

GEM

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

That is hilarious! That really isn't you, right?? Hehe ..just kidding!

Jan :)