Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Hubby Update

Hi all! Well things on the cancer front are going pretty well. They started CarGuy on a new chemo and he's done great on it. We are still waiting for the final donor to be identified but it shouldn't be too much longer until we have a date set for the transplant. I think it will really be a stress reliever to have everything set up to go. Isn't there a song about the waiting is the hardest part? I'm pretty sure they weren't talking about the cancer road but it still fits.

Yesterday CarGuy had a temp of 101.0 so I had to call the doc. He didn't feel icky just feverish. So....we got to entertain the ER folks for a few hours yesterday. He has what they are calling an "unknown origin fever". I wonder if it bugs them that they spent all those years in school just to end up calling something "unknown"? Anyway...while he was waiting for this earth shattering diagnosis, CarGuy was getting kind of ancy so he nearly escaped the ER before they could release him. It took all my strength to strap him to that bed and keep him in place! I can only imagine what it's going to be like once we are down at the transplant hospital...eek!

So...now he's on a mega antibiotic until the "unknown" grows into something "known" and they decide the best way to treat it. In the meantime he has permission to take tylenol if the fever bothers him. He didn't take any tylenol last night other than what they gave him at the ER. He had chemo this morning so he had to take tylenol as one of his pre-meds for the chemo but knowing him he wouldn't have taken it willingly. He did however ensure that I needed to wash sheets tonight...ugh! I probably shouldn't complain since sweating all night is probably way worse than me having to break a little sweat stripping the bed and throwing them down the stairs and pushing them into the washer and transferring them into the dryer and lugging them back upstairs and wrestling them back on the bed -- oh, wait, that really does sound like a lot of work! I think I need one more cherry cordial for strength!! ;-) Ahhhh...much better now! I'm off to tackle the bed...anyone want to come over and do it for me?

5 comments:

Lauren W said...

It's so good to hear that he's doing well (other than the fever)! I've been hoping for an update :)
You two are still in my prayers. Keep the updates coming!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the update. That is a Tom Petty song you are thinking of. I will keep you both in my prayers. Have a nice Christmas!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

I hope they find out what is causing the fever.

If I lived close by I would come make your bed for you!! :)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Julie said...

I am praying that the fever goes away!!!! Good to hear he is doing better!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear CarGuy is faring well on the new chemo and I pray the unknown fever goes away for the holidays! I'm also praying that 2009 will be a year of healing for him. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas season!