Saturday, May 17, 2008

HS Swimming is officially over

DS swam his last high school meet today. He did very well placing 13th and 16th in his individual events and 9th and 13th in his relays. He cut time and ended up with his best times ever. His team placed 5th overall in the state which is a huge accomplishment considering they are one of the smallest schools in the division. We are really proud of him!!

I'm proud of myself too because not once did I cry -- I came really close and if I would have had to talk to anyone, the tears would have flowed very freely. Even now I feel I am right on the verge but I'm holding it in. Any other mothers feel my pain? This growing up thing is so hard. I hope I can hold it together at his graduation in 2 weeks. At least he's not moving out to go to college since he's going to attend the college in the town next to us. I don't know how moms handle it when all these changes happen at one time. Can't we just stop this aging process and keep them all cute and needy forever. I miss those days when he would crawl up on the couch with me and snuggle under my blanket while we watched 101 Dalmatians. I miss those days when I knew everything going on in his life. I miss those days when I knew for absolute certain that I was the most important person in his life. How do you fill those blank spaces? Ok...so...now I am getting a little weepy so I better close this out tonight since I have no idea where any kleenex is and I really hate using TP to blow my nose.

No comments: