Wednesday, May 6, 2009

CarGuy Update


Can you guess what this picture means? It means that CarGuy is back in the hospital. They told us that was a distinct possibility when he was discharged and they were right. We went to clinic this morning for a regular visit and his chemistry panel, that tells them how his internal organs are doing, showed some abnormalities in his kidney function and that coupled with his increased tummy issues over the last few days made the doctors mind up. He wanted to be better safe than sorry and he was going to be out of town so he wanted CarGuy closely monitored while he was gone. Have I mentioned that I totally *heart* his doctor!! And it's more than the accent but I still love hearing him talk! I know, I know, there's something seriously wrong with me but it's still entertaining to watch me make a fool of myself just to get him talking! I sure hope he never stumbles across my blog and figures out that I lust after his voice -- not good!! And if any of my IRL friends that I trust enough to give them my blog info tell him I WILL hunt you down and do something awful to you -- like make you sit and look at all my pictures from my childhood or something just as painful. Believe me...I will do it...don't push me...I'm a woman on the edge, man!!

CarGuy will have an endoscopy (ugh, ick, choke) tomorrow to see if he is developing some graft versus host disease in his gut. I spent several hours tonight helping him get the humungo jug of required liquid down his gullet so he would be ready for the test tomorrow. And what do you think he did to me (yes, of course it's all about me -- that's a given) after about 1/2 of it was in? He deposited it all in the lovely porcelain appliance in the bathroom -- oh, well, good intentions and all that jazz. The nurse said not to worry about it too much -- he tried.

His mouth sores are still causing him some real discomfort and now that he's in the hospital they can give him some strong painkillers. He will welcome the relief and maybe he can actually get some good meals in (and he's really fun to watch when he's all drugged up). He really hasn't been able to eat very well with those darn things in residence! Besides they make him really grouchy and I just don't have the angelic patience for that kind of behavior -- I know, gasp, can you believe it? I know you all thought I was superwoman but, guess what? Nope...no superpowers here!

CarGuy will be in the hospital for 2-3 days but thankfully I can return to the apartment each evening to sleep in a real bed rather than an air mattress on the floor complete with gloves and gown PJs! It's the small things in life that get me excited anymore!! So, you won't have to hear me bitching about it this time around. Aren't you relieved?!?

On another subject...when I got back to the apartment this afternoon to grab some stuff for CarGuy to take back to the hospital I walked in with one of the non-profit administrators for the apartments. She told me to come in to the office because someone dropped off some protein shake thingys she wanted me to take and what should I spy in fridge along with those nutritious cans? Beer!!! OMG!!!! Alcohol!!!! Just what Nurse Rene ordered!! It was Coors but beggars can't be choosers and it was heavenly to get back to the apartment tonight and pour that cold beverage in a tall glass. I sat back and enjoyed it immensely!! I may have to stop by that office more often! Here's to the wonderful person who put that in the fridge!!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Ok, we could always do a 6 pack instead of coffee!!!

LOL

I kid!

Aubrey said...

Sort of...